Sunday, December 13, 2009

CG Textures - Watch out!

Hello to all my fellow scrappers!

Just wanted to leave a quick note to let you guys in on something I discovered...

Most scrappers know about CG Textures.com - it's a goldmine of graphic goodness. There's literally tons and tons of beautiful hi-res textures on offer there for free. I've actually been referred there on several occasions by fellow scrappers to look for textures to use in my creations.

Unfortunately when I read their TOU I was a bit disappointed - apparently digiscrappers are specifically forbidden from using their photos for any digiscrapping work of any kind. It's unfortunate, but it seems to be because the site owner feels that we are simply "cutting out and redistributing" his/her photos which he or she does not allow.

I actually have been guilty of using a couple of their textures in my kits before I read the TOUs for myself - I guess I just assumed that since a lot of others were doing it, it was okay. But it isn't. :( So from now on there will be nothing from that website in my work.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else out there was taking it for granted that it was allowed, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment